View Single Post
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletproofBob View Post
So provided I swap out the disk physically, reinstalling the OS the new disk is pretty trivial?

If I put in 8GB ram & Raptor X 300G disk, would I have a pretty good performing machine or would it not give me a good experience of Snow Leopard. I am a heavy user and would really want to put it through its paces, but I am not going to swing a Mac Pro right out of the gate, I don't know how much I am going to like it. I have almost no experience with MacOS.

Which brings up another question, what is the learning curve with Snow Leopard coming from hightech Windows user since 3.0 days.
Indeed. You could clone the drive, but since there is nothing there anyway I would just do a clean install. The experience should be very decent. If you know your way around computers in general it will not take more than a few days to be off the races. I am not saying you will know everything about Mac OS X, but you will have no trouble getting stuff done.
QUOTE Thanks