View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkear5 View Post

Would you agree with the seller that the problem is likely to do with the logic board, or can you think of another problem? Would replacing the PRAM battery do any good? I am prepared to purchase a new logic board or power supply and am capable of installing it myself.
Yes it most likely is the logic board or PS. If it's broke it's broke.

As far as a new logic board or PS...unless you can find them at a very low price or if the cost is not a problem...then go for it. But depending on the model iMac G4 you have...in it's present condition...it may be worth $50 bucks (for parts)...maybe less. In 100% working condition it's only worth around $100-$125.

I'm pretty sure a logic board will cost more than that...and power supplies are expensive as well for such an unusually shaped computer.

Good luck,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks