View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy9877 View Post
Is there any other way that i could do it that you know of because the crap is being really stubborn and doesn't even want to come off with glass cleaner.

do you think goo gone is to abrasive?
Usually I don't like to use anything that contains acetone (found in nail polish remover). I'm also very careful with cleaners that contain alcohol or ammonia (which is found in most glass cleaners).

If I try a cleaner that I'm not sure of...it's best to test it in an inconspicuous area (to see if anything "funky" happens)...and that's when I use the damp towel to wipe immediately after...so no residual cleaner is left on the surface to continue any possible reaction.

As far as Goo-Gone. It's not that it's "abrasive" (abrasive has to do with friction or "grittiness")...it's if it has anything in it that may react with the plastic. I think that Goo-Gone would probably be ok...just have that damp paper towel to use to wipe the area off immediately after using the Goo-Gone (just in case).

HTH,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks