Thread: Mac Mini
View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post

Where I am here in Dallas, people would be asking $400 for that 5 yr old computer and $600 with a monitor - it's crazy. I've checked Craigslist with prety high regularity for almost 2 years here and have yet to find a used machine at a price I'd pay for it.
Craig's List in my area has sort of gone "crazy" as well. Many used models that sold for a lot less last Summer all of a sudden in the past 2-3 months have increased in price greatly.

My guess/theory is (just like e-Bay when it was young 10 years ago)...is that too many "professional" sellers are getting involved on Craig's List...and that's driving the prices higher. Individual sellers see what the "Pro's" are asking for their computers...and so the individuals ask for the same high price.

The problem with Craig's List is...you don't know what the final negotiated price is for an item (or if the item ever sells). So some sellers will be flexible with their price...and others will be firm (because they think their price is fair) when in reality it's not...they're just following the crowd (other ads on CL).

At least on e-Bay when the auction ends...you know what it sold for (assuming the buyer/high bidder follows thru with payment).

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks