Thread: iMac Recall
View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
Did you watch the video? It's really aggravating, glitches all over the screen, can't do anything intensive, I crash at least 4 times a day. It's a defect in the design, and Apple wants $1000 to fix it. The is computer is ONLY 4 years old.
I understand that you're upset...but if you've had this computer since it was new...you've gotten 4+ years of use out of it. Granted...you should get more use out of it...but 4+ years in "computer years" is a VERY long time. If this computer "crapped out" after only 6-12 months...that would be a different story.

It's sort of like saying you drove a new car for 4+ years (at 15,000 miles/year)...gotten 60,000+ miles of use out of it...have a problem...and now think that you deserve some sort of compensation. No you don't! You take it to a repair shop or a dealer...pay the big bill (just like the rest of us)...and move on.

In case you didn't know...a 4 year-old iMac is probably only worth about $250-$300 bucks (depending on the exact model). Major & minor repairs on computers are very expensive...that's why on a 4+ year-old computer...it's generally not worth it.

I agree with you that you should probably have gotten more years out of this computer...but hey...sometimes "stuff" happens.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks