View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I have not used any of these type programs, but there are a couple out there.

There is one in the app store called Singlemizer - most reviews very positive, but has one review that says it does not do what the dev says it does - could be user error on that one.

Araxis is another that has a free trial - not in the app store, but cheap enough at $15 if it does what it says.

Both of these claim to find duplicates based on content rather than file name, date, etc.

I'd do a backup immediately prior to using one of these so you've got a quick restore at hand just in case.

(App store - looks to me one of the problems with it now - no free trial periods - you just have to buy on faith and hope it's the one you wanted and really does do what you expected.)

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks