View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTheYounger View Post
Hi all,
I've just been wondering - does anyone know of a way to stream an IPad display directly to an Apple TV box using AirPlay? I know that you can stream videos, but this functionality would be more useful for a working environment.
I assume that by "directly", you mean not via a Wi-Fi network. At the moment, not that I know of. HOWEVER… there may be something to look forward to. The Verizon iPhone will be shipping with an update to iOS that will allow using those devices as a wireless hotspot. *If* that feature carries over to the iPad, then you should be able to create a hotspot with your iPad, connect the ATV to that for your personal wireless network, then AirPlay away. When that update is coming, I don't know, nor do I know if this only will work with 3G devices.
QUOTE Thanks