View Single Post
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Many editors stick with Avid simply because it's been around for so long, predating other nonlinear editing systems. They'd probably say that ANY other editing system is the Easy Bake version, not just FCP, especially since FCP is basically as not really any less powerful than Premiere or Vegas.

No one has suggested that information from the ACE represents the thoughts of the BEST editors in the world, just that it represents the trends of MANY editors. If FCP is at least as good as Avid to the likes of Walter Murch, I'd say that there's something to it that contributes to its ever expanding user base.

It kind of sounds like you want to justify your decision NOT to use FCP rather than reasons why you SHOULD use it. I would say, go to a local public access station and take a cheap, quick FCP class. That's how I got hooked into it. It can't hurt in any case, the best editors are at least somewhat familiar with every editing system. In fact, once I get my FCP certification, I'll probably start learning Avid.
QUOTE Thanks