View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac2011 View Post
The OS x was laready installed when I got the Emac, no discs.

Because the OS x is virtually maxed out for the machine, I was looking to the near future and wondering wether to try Ubuntu PPC on the machine and that would require a dvd boot up to achieve, I think?
Ok...now I'm totally confused! This info doesn't really pertain to what we've been discussing.

You mentioned trying to boot from a DVD disc...and now you say no discs...how can that be?

Also...you mentioned this eMac has 10.3.9 on it. It can actually/officially can run up to OS 10.4.11...and if you use a program called "Leopard Assist" you could run up to OS 10.5.8 (although I wouldn't necessarily recommend it)...since this eMac's cpu is on the slower side for 10.5.

In any case...if you feel that you've gotten the info you needed...good luck with the eMac.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks