View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac2011 View Post
Emac g4, 750 mhz, 40 gb,HD, 1 gb ram
I think that you mean 700mhz...there was no 750mhz eMac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac2011 View Post
I undesrtood tha that the DVD should offer itself as a bootable drive in preferences, but it does not. I wondered why it does not and how I can enable it to for future reference.
This is true...a bootable CD/DVD should show up in the "Startup Disk" system preference...IF it is a bootable disk that the computer can boot from.

What color is this disk...black or gray? If gray...these disks are model specific...and only work with the model computer they shipped with. If the disk(s) are gray...and you don't 100% know where they came from...then they probably won't work with this model eMac.

Also...some 700mhz eMac models only came with a CD-Rom drive. So if this disk is a DVD...and your eMac only has a CD-Rom drive...then that's another possible reason why it won't boot from the disc.

HTH,

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks