View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

If you're happy with your Win 7 box for what you do, it does what you need it to do, you are not required to use OS X in your school studies, there is absolutely no reason in the world I can see that you should consider purchasing a Mac.

In light of the fact you say that: a) you can't afford to get a new computer and b) you're not going to purchase a new computer for "at least 2 years", the whole discussion is nothing but a waste of time - yours and theirs.

I would advise that you allow the Mac fanboys to go on about their Macs if that's what they want to do and in the meantime don't become a Win fanboy. Just sit quietly by, let them do their thing, you do your thing and let your end product speak for itself.

At some time down the road, you may or may not need to learn to use OS X or come to understand the advantages of being capable across multiple platforms.

At this point in time, there is no argument that can be made that could possibly change your opinion in your current circumstances. There was certainly no argument that could have convinced me to get a Mac during the years I spent as a hardcore gamer and hardware enthusiast. And conforming to your peers in school is certainly not a valid argument for or against anything.

These type of discussions only lead to flame wars of which we're not interested. I considered closing the thread to start with, but on 2nd thought, I'll leave it open and see where it goes. But, as you see, not all of us here are "fanboys".

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks