View Single Post
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

RE: Horizontal lines

First remember that interlaced material is not drawing a full frame at a time. It is only half a frame so you will notice horizontal lines. When producing output for the web or a computer, you should de-interlace the output. I use the QuickTime export for that. If you are exporting to create a DVD via iDVD, then the de-interlacing step shouldn't be needed since DVDs are interlaced material.

The other thing I can think of is a worse case scenario. iMovie 7,8 and maybe 9 have an issue with DV interlaced material. I found the problem being discussed on this very long thread at Apple; Apple - Support - Discussions - DV video quality ...

A possible solution to that problem was posted here; The iMovie Output Project

As for the choppy or short clips, I don't have an answer. Potentially your import is not clean and is dropping frames. It is best to capture to drive other than your internal one, although I have captured to an internal one with success. I could speculate a little further but don't want to write a guessing book.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks