Member Since: May 20, 2008
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5
01-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by hemispheres
What can I do to allow finder to function smoothly?
- I've heard that it's not the best idea to store too many items/stuff on your desktop (just in case you do)
- Repair permissions (need to launch Disk Utility)
- quit all your open programs & restart the computer every so often
One additional long shot possibility (and not very desirable)...is this could be a sign of a failing hard drive. Not likely on a 2009 computer...but just wanted to mention it as a long shot possibility.
- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery