View Single Post
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
I'm just not sure I see the advantage in going the Apple TV route, other than for people whom already own a lot of iTunes material and simply would rather not commit to an whole other service. Seems a bit like entrapment to me.
You seen to think that owning an ATV means you are a slave to Apple and iTunes purchased content. 800+ Movies and 4000+ TV Shows I can stream to my ATV2 and maybe 20 of them have been purchased from iTunes...maybe....

No entrapment there, and I control the quality of the media that I watch, not someone else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
And of course the whole Apple integration thing. Yeah, that kind of appeals to me, but since I own ZERO iTunes content, there's no real incentive for me. Maybe if Hulu Plus were available, or just more options in general. Roku seem to have a really nice package deal with a lot of streaming options. Just makes more sense for someone not committed to anything.
Why should I pay someone for a subscription when I can control what I have available as I go? The "whole Apple Integration thing" is exactly why I have an ATV. Lots of media to watch, an ever expanding list of media available for a price I pay when I want, not a monthly fee, and it all "just works". No downside there.

All that being said, I DO like being in control of my content and it's quality, not relying on someone else to do it for me. I understand that's not for everyone though.

QUOTE Thanks