View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Sorry, but if you had not saved the file at all - as in all the info related to what you were working on was still loaded in memory and had not been written to the hard drive - there is nothing on any Operating System that is going to get it back.

This would only happen with apps (for ex. MS Office) where you have set their auto save function. And don't think that will work on a blank document that hasn't been saved even the first time.

If you haven't started using at least Time Machine, now would be a good time to invest in an external drive to back up your data.

Also agree with TM, I'd at least take a look at the logs to see if you can determine the reason for the kernel panic if they continue to occur.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks