View Single Post
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevie View Post
I just logged back on to my Mac OS X 10.5 after it crashed. It crashed when I woke it out of sleep mode and a message came up telling me to hold down the power button. I've gotten this message before, but it was a very long time ago. Anyway, I was working on a christmas present, and now it is gone. I didn't have a chance to save it before the computer went to sleep. I believe Windows has a rollback option to go back to a previous state of time on the computer, or to before the problem. Does Mac have this option? Or is there any other way to retrieve my work?
Welcome to the forum Sevie . . . .

To answer your Question in short.

No. Not unless you have incremental backups that you have done yourself. The only way to retrieve this data is with a lot of $ and thats only if you havnt written to the HDD since it crashed.

There is Data Rescue 3 where you can dl it, scan to see if there is any data to recover and then the option to buy it to retrieve said lost data..
But sorry, by the sounds of it you have lost that Christmas present

I would be looking at why you are getting the Kernel Panics if i was you so it doesnt happen again ...

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks