View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigfrankel View Post
I thought about buying an SSD and putting it in my self but it turns out that most SSD do not include the temperature sensor on the SSD which Apple currently has on theirs. I do not feel comfortable buying a different temperature sensor and just taping it on to the SSD for the fan to work correctly. Unless you know of the exact SSD Apple is currently using which has that sensor built in? I can't find that SSD model number and manufacture.
Even if you found the correct SSD to use, it's still a fairly difficult and involved procedure to install it yourself. You also risk voiding your warranty and damaging your iMac. As pointed out, there are videos and published step by step instructions you can access to get an idea of how to do it.

As you're a new member you are not eligible yet to post anything for sale in our BST forum. You can get an idea of what price your iMac is worth from similar sales on eBay or Craig's list.
QUOTE Thanks