View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

OK, thanks for posting back the info we need. Right now, I don't suggest doing any updating until we figure out why you're crashing. Do this:

Boot your MBP with your Snow Leopard DVD and run the Apple Hardware Test. Use the extended tests especially to check the memory modules. I suspect you may have some bad or intermittent memory.

Also, if your machine is under warranty or extended Apple care, you might want to contact your local Apple store and make an appointment to take the machine in to have them look at it. If it turns out that it's the memory that's causing the crashing, Apple will replace it for free. (provided your MBP is still under warranty)

Let us know.
QUOTE Thanks