View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
Thanks everso much Nick. Just one more question - where can I get the updater file - I presume it is one for each lump of software that needs updating. Are they downloadable ?
It depends on what programs we're talking about. You have to find out what company developed the application...then go to their webpage & see if they have any updaters. Or there are various websites that list lots of updaters for lots of programs.

For example...if you have Microsoft Office...the you would go to the Microsoft website for updaters. If you have any Adobe programs...you would go to the Adobe website for updaters.

And as I mentioned. If there is no updater...then you have to purchase a newer version of an application so it's compatible with OS 10.6 Snow Leopard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
Oh ! Is there a way to get back to Tiger if it all goes wrong with Leopard as I dont have the Tiger disc as it came already loaded with Tiger.
Possibly if you did a complete backup of your hard drive. Otherwise...Nope! If you don't have OS 10.4 Tiger install disc(s)...no way of going back until you do.

Good luck,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks