Member Since: May 20, 2008
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5
12-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon
My questions are:- Which applications do I have to remove and reload; How do I do that; Will my internet connections be affected. Can you please give me any advice. I cannot afford to do the 'proper' upgrade. My machine is an iMac 2.16 Ghz core 2 duo and memory uprated from 1 GB to 2 GB purchased new in May 2007 (using Tiger 10.4.11). Thank you very much
Here's the deal. When you upgrade from OS 10.4 to 10.6...many programs/applications that were compatible with 10.4 won't be compatible with 10.6.
To solve this one of three solutions are possible:
- an free updater may be available to update a program/application and help it to run under OS 10.6
- make sure you install "Rosetta" when you install OS 10.6 to help with the compatibility of older applications (Rosetta is not a default install with OS 10.6, you have to select it to be installed)
- you will have to purchase a newer version of your 10.6 incompatible application/programs...which of course will be expensive.
You can check this list to see what programs/applications you may have (be careful to check the version numbers) to see if they are compatible with OS 10.6:
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard compatibility table - Snow Leopard Compatibility
- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery