View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Going from an ADC to mini-display port is going to be tough.

- ADC to VGA...yes.
- ADC to DVI...yes.

...but ADC to mini-display port...that's a tough one...and to be honest...I don't think that cable ever existed (at least I've not seen one).

You may be able to "Frankenstein" a combination of adapters...but you need to remember on VERY important thing...that single ADC cable from your Cinema Display provides both video and power to the monitor...and I pretty seriously doubt that mini-display ports are capable of that.

- Nick

p.s. The adapter that Harry mentioned above that adapts ADC to DVI (and provides power for the display)...costs at least $99 dollars...and probably more now that they are no longer available.

p.p.s. This is what I'm talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-M8661LL-.../dp/B00011KHT2

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks