View Single Post
IWT

Location: Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
IWT is a jewel in the roughIWT is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2010 27" iMac 16GB RAM, SSD & 1TB IHD (Lion) + 2013 27" iMac Fusion SSD & 3TB IHD, 32GB (Mavericks)

Today I did what I've done many times before.

I followed precisely the "iTunes for Mac: Moving your iTunes Media Folder" so that I could get a backup copy on my EHD.

It all went fine.

But now, when I open iTunes, all the playlists & music are shown exactly as before - but click on a Tune and it says "the song...could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it?"

As you will see from my specs, I have iMac with 256GB SSD which is called HD AND also HD2 which is my 1TB optical drive.

On the HD2, I find listed iTunes Music which seems to be intact - 172.6GB

On the SSD, I find under myname/users/Music/iTunes, more or less the same - 173.1GB

When I open the iTunes App, under Preferences/Advanced, it lists the library as /user/myname/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media.

So I have goofed up somehow, but as far as I can see ALL my iTunes & Playlists are there, strangely on both the SSD and HD2 as shown above.

I don't know whether the SSD or the HD2 version is the "correct" one.

In any case what I'm seeking is a means of "connecting up" to my music so that it not only displays when I open the iTunes App, but plays the music as well!

Can you help me please. Any further info easily provided.

Ian
QUOTE Thanks