View Single Post
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
@atlfokus

It's this statement of yours that's throwing me a curve ball:

When a screenshot looks normal, that's usually an indication that the graphics card is OK. Are you sure the screenshot you took looked normal? Can you take another and post it here?

I agree with dtravis7, the picture you submitted sure looks like a frequency or sync problem. That's why I'd like to see another screenshot posted here.
Agreed. I have seen that exact thing (like I said above) on many monitors where the frequency was set wrong. I know I am old school with many Analog CRT monitors, but that is what is looks like. All the Video Card issues I have seen are very different looking. I could be wrong but I have never seen that exact picture where it was the Video Card.

I a also confused!

As an example. I have my Intel Mac Mini hooked up to sony WEGA TV. One day I was in a hurry and messing with the video settings on OSX and accidently selected PAL instead of NTSC. Looked almost exactly like your picture. It was a pain to get it back to NTSC!

Just another note, there is a possibility it's still the card. I am not sure how you are hooking up, whether VGA, DVI or what, but VGA for example has R,G,B and Vertical Sync and Horizontal Sync pins and grounds. If one broke on the card it would cause that picture. Have never messed around with a DVI port to see what signals are present. That is the only issue I can think of.
QUOTE Thanks