View Single Post
DescendeadRose

DescendeadRose will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovbg View Post
^^ I sure will.

I do expect it to take a while to get used to the differences. When I first played with one in the Apple store, it seemed so alien. Everything was in different places and it surprised me even the @ symbol was in a completely different place on the keyboard (at least on a German keyboard). I know windows pretty well, and I was an MCP at one stage, so it will be strange to start from scratch.

But I expect this, so it won't be a shock. I read so often how many new switchers groan about things being different. But isn't the change one of the reasons we switched in the first place? A change is sometimes as good as a holiday ;O)

It seems so odd to me right now that I have "just" made the switch. Before it was all considering then planning, and then reconsidering. Now it's done, and it is just sinking in.

I'll post back on these forums on my opinions and first problems, surprises and successes.
Thanks! I look forward to hearing about your experiences!

Well, you're right! Change can feel like a holiday Personally I rather like learning new things, and I think it will be a lot of fun to learn the in's and out's of Macs! I have to say, I don't know what it is, but I've never been this excited about ordering a new Windows machine. Sure it's always fun to get a new computer, but I find it extremely difficult to wait! I can only imagine what your day at work was like

Good luck and enjoy your new toy I hope the data swapping stuff goes well for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalph
DescendeadRose and ovbg.

I am sure you will not regret the switch.

I switched in January 2009 and bought a 21 inch iMac and never regretted it. I have worked with computers since 1972, I started with the Tandy machine and have worked with BBC and various Windows machines up to my switch.

I liked the Mac so much that I then bought the 27 inch iMac in May this year and I have never looked back. I should have switched years ago.

Just put Windows out of your head's and get stuck in. You will love it.
Thanks Gandalph!

lol, Windows is already out of my head. Writing this now, all I can think of is how excited I am to get into that iMac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCosmicPope
You guys will like the Mac mail app. It's very similar to outlook, but not as cluttered with a bunch of windows. Pretty much does the basics, but in a much more orderly and straight-forward fashion than outlook.
Sounds good I love Outlook, it is one of my very favorite Windows programs. But, it does have a lot of aspects to it that I've never really used, so the basics will likely be enough for me!
QUOTE Thanks