View Single Post
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBob2 View Post
Have you even tried the current Norton Internet Security on the PC or Mac? It works great on both. Do a little research before making ridiculous comments. It doesn't help anyone.
On the Mac, it's completely unnecessary, so I am not even going to rise to that. On the PC, Norton is widely agreed to be buggy, a resource hog and in some cases as difficult to remove from your system as a virus itself - not to mention needlessly expensive. MacAfee is just a joke.

Norton corporate/enterprise is actually quite a lot better - I have it on my office PC (I have no choice) and it's fairly unobtrusive. But the home version is a pain, especially if you're a gamer or a tinkerer. There are far better solutions.

As for your snide comment, it got a negative rep from me (I don't do anonymous). I think my comment WAS helpful, and I generally try to add value to this forum in any way I can. 30+ years of experience with computers helps in that regard - the reason I didn't go into a bunch of better PC solutions, is because this is not a PC forum - however I'd recommend these ahead of either Norton or MacAfee:

- Windows Defender (it's free, and no one has more interest in keeping your system safe than Microsoft)
- Kaspersky (low price, small footprint. This is the one you want on your VM or low powered machine)
- Bit Defender (never bothers you, easy to install or remove, attacks malware, very affordable)
- AVG (free version, actually pretty good although slightly clunky interface)

Cheers.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge