View Single Post
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
I'll explain a little bit further (off topic).

I'm a marathon runner (as well as a Mac fanatic). I run lots & lots of miles every week. The safest place for a runner to run on the roads is on the left side (against traffic)...so you can see what a driver is doing...and if they are not paying attention...you can JUMP out of the way.

Since I (and other runners) run against traffic...you practically look EVERY driver right in the eyes...just to see what they are doing & are looking at...just in case. Obviously when doing this you see EXACTLY what the driver is doing...and this includes being on a phone or iPhone...and not paying full attention to driving!

Coincidentally...I've been running for 33 years. Last Monday (8 days ago) for the first time...I was hit by a car!!! No kidding...hit by a car! It was by a person making a right on red...I was just starting to run thru the intersection...and they hit me. What do folks do wrong when they make a right turn at a red light or Stop Sign???...they only look left & almost never look right. Add to this a driver on a phone...and it's that much worse. If a pedestrian is to the right...they never see them & hit them.

- Nick
Something like that happened to me last summer. I was making a right turn at a stop sign, at night. There was a man/woman wearing a black hoodie who started crossing as I was turning. I didn't see *it* because of the dark night with no street lights, their dark clothing, and the fact that my A pillar was blocking them just at the perfect/wrong time. I didn't hit them, but ever since then, I've always made sure there was no person crossing the street, but every now and then, there are stupid people who believe they have the right to cross the street when ever they want.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks