View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-ME View Post
I have a visual impairment so like icons web pages and text to be slightly larger. Do you have a problem with disabilities?
No I don't have a problem with folks with disabilities...I have my own issues as well! But when folks are trying their best to help you...be a little more positive!

If you have eyesight issues...and the suggestions that were suggested so far don't help...then how about checking out the features available in the "Universal Access" control panel in "System Preferences".

Quote:
Your point being what? I think given that this one appears to be fine then it is highly unlikely to have been user error don't you think? I spent days installing data, programmes, etc. plus the time and expense of having to make two journeys of over a hundred miles each to (a) buy the product and (b) return it. The reason I opted for a refund (wisely in my view) was to prevent a repetition of events. This new one has been ordered online. I think therefore I was justified in being unhappy with the situation.
I agree. Your first Mac-mini probably was defective & it was a good idea to return it (which was my suggestion & others suggestion to you). My issue is...you were complaining like a 5 year-old child that just had their ice-cream taken away in that first Mac-mini thread...when you just should have been an adult about it...and just returned it. Now that you have a properly working Mac-mini...now your complaining has switched from the hardware to the software!!!

Quote:
It may be a culture thing, I'm not sure where you are based but I live in the UK. In the main most people in the UK do not enunciate in that manner. I am certainly more reserved and when I said "that seems to have improved things somewhat" that is exactly how I speak. That is me and that is the way I speak for which I make no apologies.
Yes...you are referring to the British "Stiff upper lip"...sort of thing. I've heard that other folks in the UK find this sort of attitude very irritating as well. You're understated tone of appreciation when responding to the positive help of others...just adds the perception of your negative attitude about everything Macintosh.

Quote:
I have heard lots of good things about Apple and their products over the years so why not try one of them? I have also heard lots of good things about cars I have bought over the years but not all live up to customer expectation.
Again..whether it's cars or Macintosh computers...you seem to have a very negative slant towards most things. Or at least most things you've discussed here on Mac-Forums.

Quote:
Now was there anything else you wanted to get off your chest?
Not that I would care to discuss with you...unless I wanted the most negative response possible.

The bottom line is...the sum total of just about all of your responses are...whether due to

- faulty hardware
- bad eyesight
- being from the UK or being British
- being unhappy with new products (cars & computers)
- don't like the Mac OS
- don't like Apple developed software like Safari

Pretty much everything you say has a negative slant to it...including your responses when someone has helped you!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks