View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adetrade View Post
Thanks lifesabeach for your post.

I have run a disk utility check on the clone HDD and found it is corrupt. A message suggests that I backup the data and reformat the HDD.

I have erased the G4 HDD and installed 10.4 to get it up and running. I have also tried to install 10.5 but seem to get an error message part way thru' install which details unable to validate "essentials" package.

Any ideas on getting 10.5 back on the machine?

Cheers
As before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
I found one other conversation in another forum where someone had the same error message you had, and the culprit was bad RAM. You should run the Apple Hardware Test and check everything out thoroughly.
Here are instructions to run the AHT:
The Apple Hardware Test

And to check your RAM very thoroughly:
Memtest OS X

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks