View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyindoha View Post
Just bought my first, maybe my last, Mac Book Pro .......
straight out of the box and faulty !!!!!
It happens, unfortunately -- with all consumer electronics. That's why they are warranted against manufacturer's defects.

Quote:
Horizontal lines across the screen

Where is Apples Quality Control ?
In the factory at Foxconn

Quote:
Is this the place to mention that my HP ??? failed after 13 months ?

Or that my two ASUS computers have worked faultlessly from day one and continue to do so ???? The 10 year old model is now retired and the netbook
lacks some functionality hence the Macbook .....

Am I just unlucky ....... or is it just American laptops ?
No such thing as an "American" laptop. It might be made by an "American" brand, but they're all made in China/Malyasia/Taiwan under contract. As a matter of fact, ASUS has done manufacturing for Apple in the past. They do make a solid product.

Take it back to the local Apple Store, they'll probably swap it out with no issue. Like I said, it happens - don't let it dampen what should otherwise be an enjoyable experience.

Welcome to the forums.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks