View Single Post
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

As per their webpage:
Quote:
Technically, it should run on Mac as well, but that has not been tested nor made convenient.
So, if it can be done, you're not going to have an easy time. Without actually knowing about the compilation process for it, I can see it depends on GTK which will only make things harder. You'll have to have a working copy of GTK on your machine. The best chance you have is to use a package manager but it appears that neither Fink nor MacPorts have it available. One possible way though would be to bootstrap pkgsrc from the NetBSD project and install it that way but if you're new to this, I'd suggest that you don't go down that route because you'll probably spend a lot of time fighting with it (although I don't know that for sure). My suggestion would be to find a suitable Mac alternative.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks