View Single Post
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I experienced similar issues a few days ago on my 2008 MacBook Pro even though my drive is not nearly as full as yours. In addition to the excellent suggestions the guys have made run Disk Utility's verify disk option and see if you get any reports of errors. To repair the errors you will need to either boot from an OS CD or a clone of your boot drive.

If you are comfortable in Single User mode (press command s at startup) you can check the disk for errors that way without using the CD if you are in a real bind. In single user mode a bit of text will scroll by as the boot process begins when the text stops scrolling type fack -fy and hit enter. At the end you will see a message telling you whether errors were found and repaired. Repeat the command until no errors are reported then restart the Mac.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks