View Single Post
SVThuh

SVThuh is on a distinguished road

I have a intel core 2 duo macbook. I have had it for around 2 years now and it has been pretty **** good.

I have had a couple of issues with it though. After I upgraded to Snow Leopard I had some issues with the standard Safari browser locking the computer and forcing me to restart. I solved this issue by using the "WebKit" version of Safari... No further issues to date.

I was also having issues with the airport card just suddenly stop working. I found some work-arounds online and just sucked it up and got through it for the week or so before Apple sent out a new software update that solved the problem. I guess it was an odd hardware/software conflict that only affected a very few macbooks of my generation (2,2).

I also had the battery literally just die. I wouldn't charge and the only way I was able to use the laptop was with the charger plugged in. Someone walked by and the magsafe popped out and it was lights out, start from scratch.. I dealt with it for 2 days before deciding to take it to the Genius bar, without an appointment I might add. They still took care of me right away and I filled out the required form and left the MacBook with them. I did not have Apple Care on this device and was worried I was going to pay an arm and a leg. I then received a call the next day stating that they replaced the battery for me and it was ready to be picked up. I asked them how much the cost of the new battery was gladly told that it was "No Charge."

Apple has a great product. Any piece of technological equipment can experience some issues, ESPECIALLY if it is a Human Interface Device such as a laptop. Apple backs up their products with excellent customer service and a great reputation. You really do get what you pay for and that is rare now-a-days.

Now go get yourself a new Mac!!!
QUOTE Thanks