View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-o-s View Post
hi im loooking to buy a macbook or the pro, was planning to buy instore sometime this week, but there seems to be alot of posts about swollen batteries, and other hardware issues
plenty of people mentioned wifi dropouts

are these kind of issues even common in the latest 2010 macbook model? i was willing to pay the money on the assumption that macs are longer lasting than PC's etc
(im kindov a mac newbie)

but feeling put off, please help.
Most people come to web forums for help. Very rarely does anyone visit a forum to say that things are going great and they're pleased with their machine. So, what you're seeing is a vocal minority of customers who are seeking help.

As such, web forums are a terrible gauge of product reliability -- and the same goes for any product you can think of.

Apple's products have consistently been top rated for reliability and quality over the course of decades -- and their customer service rates just as well. So, if you do have an issue, you can rest assured it will be taken care of.

My advice? Do your research, but use objective sources to gauge the reliability of the product. Read professional reviews from a variety of sources, but don't sweat the anecdotal stories out there, as you're only getting part of the picture.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks