View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkch0p View Post
i mean the both parts are very similar, it wouldn't work? The reason i asked about just the case is because i see people selling JUST the top case without the keyboard on ebay.
I only mentioned that this upper case may not be the correct part...since the part numbers (e-Bay auction vs. iFixit) were different.

It's kind of hard to describe exactly...but to the best of my knowledge...the keyboard & trackpad are integrated into the upper case. The uppercase in the e-bay auction (see the photos) includes the keyboard & trackpad.

If you check out this link:

15" Unibody Mid 2009 Parts - iFixit

...and click on the "keyboard" & "case components" links in the list...you will see that the "upper case" part comes up for both. That's because the "upper case" & the "keyboard" are integrated...so the same part comes up for both links.

The part in the e-Bay auction looks like the correct part...but...if you read the fine print in the iFixit link it says this:

Note: This part is not compatible with machines featuring anti-glare displays. (The anti-glare display is a custom-to-order option. If you did not select this upgrade when purchasing your machine, you have the standard glossy display.)

This means that part number 661-5244 is for "Glossy" display's (the one I linked above)...and it's possible that the 661-4948 part from the e-Bay auction is a "special" part for the much more uncommon "matte" (anti-glare display). So if you have the "matte" display...then the e-Bay auction part may be the correct part for your Macbook Pro. If you have the "glossy" display...then the iFixit part is probably the correct part.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks