View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkch0p View Post
I currently have a mid 2009 2.66ghz model number A1286 15 inch Macbook pro. the corner of my top right back case is dented and my bottom right corner of the case (661-5244) is dented as well. I was wondering if this top case will work.

i basically just need the Top case, no need to change the keyboard or the trackpad.

Will this top case have any effect on the model i'm using or is it basically the same and it will work if i replace my top case with this? Hopefully macbook pro repairers can help me out. thanks!
I don't think that is the correct part. The part number listed in the e-Bay auction is 661-4948...if you go to iFixit:

MacBook Pro 15" Unibody (Mid 2009) Upper Case (661-5244)

Their part number for a mid-2009 15" unibody Macbook Pro upper case is 661-5244.

By the way...the keyboard & trackpad are part of the upper case...it's all integrated...so you get it whether you need a new keyboard & trackpad or not.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks