View Single Post
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

So you have wi-fi provided in the apartment? I.e. you have no control over the router or which internet provider you use?

The first thing I'd look for is an ethernet port in the apartment, which sounds like what you've done already. If there isn't one then the provided wi-fi is all you've got to work with I'm afraid.

An Airport Express can create a wi-fi network but needs to connect by ethernet cable to a router etc to get an internet connection, so without that this is a dead end.

So... without control over the router or wifi yourself your only recourse is to go to whoever runs/owns it and discuss th issue (again, sounds like you've tried this).

If i've mis-interpreted anything or just plain got it wrong! Post back and I'll try again

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks