View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Moved to appropriate forum.

Quote:
and so on, I hit repair and it booted right up. Is this a common problem with boot camp? Should I just delete my windows partition, I don't want to be in danger of destroying the hd. I had Windows on my Macbook Pro with no problems, but I thought this was very weird. I am actually on the Windows partition now and it is working wonderfully and OSX booted up earlier fine. Never a dull moment lol.
It sounds like everything is working OK now, so just leave it alone. The hard drive errors are a concern but it seems that DU repaired them. Keep an eye on things and if you do run into problems with that drive, make an appointment with Apple and have them trouble shoot it for you.

One thing I do advise... is start making backups (if you haven't already). Use Time Machine to backup Snow Leopard. If you're running Windows 7 on the iMac, use the built in imaging backup program. You'll need two separate hard drives though because the Windows 7 backup only works with NTFS and Time Machine needs HFS+.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks