View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
To chas_m I just read your first post here and sure it's what most people know. But it's great for switchers and said in an excellent and easy to understand way. Well doen no the post.

In saying that though I have a few points I want to say about it.

In point 7, I would really list the application Onyx. I tell every new to Mac user about it and everyone of them end up loving the app. Well if I wrote the guide I'd have it in. I didn't write it though, you did .

In point 4, you should mention to keep up to date with all the security updates through software update. Because that's the best thing to do in my opinion. Everything else about security you have pretty much covered there.

You need to make a point to say visit this page.
Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts
To me Apple's shortcuts is what makes it head and shoulders above any other OS. Well it's just one of the things OS X has. But learning even a few of those would make any switchers life so much easier.

And somewhere you should put in click to flash for safari. I think it's almost a requirement for safari these days.

That's all I can think of. You don't have to add any of what I said in. They are just are what the switchers I have taught to use macs - as in it's what those switchers loved and still love to this very day.
All good points, but I just want to reiterate one thing so that you understand the context of the initial post...

This post was created as a response to a switcher in a completely different thread. So, it's a bit out of context as its own standalone thread, but still I liked the advice so much that I copied out to its own thread and gave it a title.

So, this is an opinion piece, somewhat out of context and not ever meant to be a definitive guide (hence the title).

With that said, if chas wants to add to or edit the initial post, I'll be happy to help with implementing.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks