View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Personally, I would recommend a monitor unless you just require a new screen being able to perform the multiple duty of being your TV. Practically every monitor from about 22" or 24" and up is going to have 1920x1080 (16:9), 1920x1200 (16:10) or better resolution and will have a DVI port.

It's not a matter of working with 'your' ATI Radeon HD 4870 DVI. It's a matter of connecting any computer to a TV, particularly a non-Windows machine.

With an HDTV, the best suggestion I can make, is to look for 2-3 different brands in the screen size and price range you want. Then head to the manufacturers web site, download the owners manual and read through the connections section, paying attention to their particular info related to connecting a DVI device via HDMI. Any mention about it possibly not working with a computer, then you throw that one out of the mix. If you can find a TV in your price range where the manual mentions being able to turn off overscan, you will be a step ahead of the game.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks