View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I'm not sure I understand what it is you did to install Win 7? Why did you have to use a USB stick? You go on to say that you have a CD and used your company license - wasn't the CD or DVD bootable?

It sounds like the Win 7 boot sector has been damaged. The way to repair it is by using a Windows 7 install DVD and booting your iMac with it. Hold down the "Option" key after you hear the chime and select the Windows 7 DVD as the boot device. When the Windows 7 disk comes up, select repair. See the following Microsoft Article.

Before doing anything make certain you have a backup of your Snow Leopard installation. Time Machine, SuperDuper, or Carbon Copy Cloner can be used to make the backup.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks