Thread: GPU heat issues
View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

To add to the excellent advice given by Nick....

It's very possible that your fans are dirty or clogged. Or maybe not running the way they should. As Nick pointed out those temps are very high - we're talking about boiling water!

As far as I know, there are no compatible motherboard monitor type programs that run in Windows which will recognize and properly report all the sensors that are in your machine. I've tried them all to no avail.

Use SMC fan control or iStat menus in OS X to see if your fans are running the way they should. If they're not, you may have to open up your machine and do a good cleaning. If you plan on doing that, there are lots of tutorials on You-Tube and else where which show you how.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks