Thread: GPU heat issues
View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragbox View Post
The hardware can run the software. Some of the games which currently overheat ran fine when I bootcamped in to windows xp.
Maybe switching from XP to Windows 7 may have made a difference. Also...when you had XP installed maybe the weather was cooler & that may have helped your laptop run cooler.

Quote:
Does smc fan control not work with bootcamp? None of fan control software I'm abate of will detect any of the fans in the mbp. Are you aware of any Windows drivers for these fans? I have already headed most of your suggestions.
Sorry I am not a "Windows Person"...so I am not aware of any specific programs. Try searching with Google...that's exactly what I would do if I had the same problem.

Quote:
The issue of overheating is not an old problem. Software I had no trouble running maybe half a year ago now overheat my mbp.
Well this may have been due to your running XP previously, maybe due to cooler conditions in your home, and lastly...maybe your computer is dirty inside...and needs to be cleaned.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks