View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

While there are a lot of us that would like to be building our own boxes (I am definitely in that crowd) to install OSX, there is no way that OSX will ever come out with an OS compatible with the last 8 years worth of hardware that's been designed around Windows.

Why would any hardware manufacturer go back to hardware they sold 5-8 years ago and come up with drivers for a new OS with not a penny of revenue to do so. It's been an uphill battle to get most of the manufacturers to make drivers available for their current hardware.

There is no foreseeable future where Apple will be looking backward.

Just because MS drops support for XP, doesn't mean users are going to quit using it. I still see members browsing this forum from their Win 98 boxes.

Will say, if OSX was to come out in a version that I could pick all my own hardware, I'd start picking today.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks