View Single Post
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Firefox has been like a good old friend on Windows and I keep it as a backup in OSX, but like a friend recently said to me, on OSX at least it's behind Opera and Safari in many things and on many benchmarks. It does have a great system of Extensions but now that Safari has that it will be interesting.
I have to commend Mozilla for doing great things in terms of catalyzing competition in the browser market but honestly, compared to some of the other browsers for OS X, it just doesn't add up for me. It's slower in terms of JS performance and, compared to Opera, Safari and Chrome, is the most "out of place" aesthetically. Sure, there is the large extension ecosystem but I'm not a big extension guy and the ones that I do use are available for other browsers (primarily a flash blocker).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Well, I'm a long time Opera fan. But, I use a lot of browsers.
You and me both. I'm primarily an Opera and Chromium user but I have Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Chromium, Opera 10.5 and 10.6 on my machine.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Mac-Forums Investigates MacKeeper - Confused about MacKeeper? Take a look at this review.
QUOTE Thanks