View Single Post
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I use Safari 5. When I first got to try OSX 10.2 on an old Converted G3 (7600 to G3), I fell in love with it. It's constantly improved over the years. Safari 5 is the fastest browser in a lot of Java tests as well as probably the most standards compliant.

Firefox has been like a good old friend on Windows and I keep it as a backup in OSX, but like a friend recently said to me, on OSX at least it's behind Opera and Safari in many things and on many benchmarks. It does have a great system of Extensions but now that Safari has that it will be interesting.

Opera with 10.5 has really improved. I keep it installed and am always testing it along with the Webkit nightly builds. Very fast browser.

Chrome I have never really liked at all. It's the interface mostly as the engine is the Webkit one like Safari. Also I do not like where Google is headed with Cloud computing and Cloud OS's. Not my cup of tea!

Also, I have had no crashes with Safari 5 except viewing Flash Videos. It's much better since Flash 10.1 and now I can play You Tube videos smoothly again on my 2.1 Ghz iMac G5 without pegging the poor CPU. Otherwise not one crash with Safari 5. I love Safari 5's interface also.

Last edited by dtravis7; 06-22-2010 at 10:00 PM.
QUOTE Thanks