View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

It sounds like the document may have become corrupt somehow. If you can't navigate from page to page in the document that means you can't remove the old pages and changes. The best I can suggest is if you had auto backup turned on, is to try to revert the document from backup. Or, if you had been making backups with Time Machine, restore to a point in time when the document was OK.

Some advice about large documents... Break it up into parts and try to keep each part to around 300 pages in size at the max. After you've finished you can always join the parts together.

I'm not an OO user, (I use MS Office) so I don't know if there are any means available for gaining access to a corrupt document. But what I suggest you try is to post your problem in the Open Office Org user forum to see if maybe someone can assist. Here's the LINK.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks