View Single Post
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.9 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.6.8

Quote:
If all else fails, I guess I will have to b/u everything they need and reformat the hard drive. Oh, boy.... let the fun begin. If you have any other suggestions, please advise.
"Brevity is the soul of wit", but not when it comes to Mac-Forums apparently .

I don't think you need to do backup and reformat - yet. That's a last resort. Everything else but AWks is okay. My guess about AWks is a missing component, eg. library, but the reinstallation should have solved that.

The reason I came in on this topic was that about two years ago I had the same problem with AWks, ie. hanging, couldn't open itself or its files. That was on an eMac using Tiger. OnyX fixed whatever problem it was. I use AWks 6.2.9 on my G3 iMac/Panther, but searching that doesn't really help.

Maybe AWUG AppleWorks Users Group (AWUG), iWork Users Group (iWUG) - Home could help.

Screenshots in Panther are saved to desktop as .pdf. MacOS Help says they should be on the desktop. Why you should need to go to the item and then only will it appear puzzles me. Something in Finder prefs? Maybe delete desktop .plist and then reboot?

My fault in pointing you to those uninstallers - sorry. Try AppDelete should you need to. AppDelete 2.2.4 software download - Mac OS X - VersionTracker

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks