View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Kind of a "catch 22" here. You need to get that CD out in order to run tests on your MBP with your original install media. Do a Google search for the credit card trick - I've watched several videos on You Tube that shows how it's done.

There are also videos that show how to do it using various other methods. The bottom line is you need to remove that CD in order to do any kind of trouble shooting on your MBP. Otherwise you'll be forced to take it on in to Apple and pay them to disassemble the machine to remove the disk.

If you're not successful and want to try to disassemble the machine yourself, post back and I'll direct you to where you can follow a step by step procedure.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks