View Single Post
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodmacfan View Post
You clearly missed my point...they were more ripping off than competing. Note that things like Android phones and the Android tablet were announced only a few months after the iPhone and iPad respectively.
You don't understanding how technology, technologists, and the companies whom employ them works. You're talking about a "few months", while in the meantime, future iterations of ideas have already been examined and are only awaiting the next wave of products to hit the shelves.

These companies are made up of so many different entities, which have been playing in this field for a long time. Do you really believe that any one company has exclusive rights to an idea ? That is preposterous to think !
And do you honestly think that Apple coined every single one of their product ideas on their very own too ? Did you know that the original iPod GUI was bought and NOT invented by Apple ?

There are a lot of things which work like that, so you'd better start getting used to the idea that if it weren't for collaborative "thinking" innovation would be a sitting duck. Same goes for music, fine art, architecture, sculpting, food recipes, and so on..

Want a great example ? I'll defer to music, since I'm a musician. Can you pinpoint the exact point in time when a particular person or group of people created the necessary ingredients which were able to bring us all of the different types of music which exists today ? Think about that for a while.

Now do you understand how silly what you said sounds ? Hope so.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks