View Single Post
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas998 View Post
Well yes... if you absolutely have to get your TV picture onto your mac without using those pesky capture cards. You can do it... but the results will not be great but might be good enough for posting game play onto youtube.

Take your macbook and place it in front of the TV facing the TV... Now position the screen of the macbook so the camera captures the TV image. In other words you use the mac's camera to capture the TV image like you were using a camcorder. It wont give you great results but it will allow you to capture game play. To maximize the quality... adjust the TV to bright setting, turn off the lights in the room, turn off the macbook's screen to eliminate reflections. and try to set your macbook so the camera is dead center of the TV and pointing straight at it.

Of course after reviewing the results you may find that a pesky thing like a capture card makes up for the difficulty in set-up with quality of image.
Have to admit, that's a good one.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks